Re: digest only peering?

From: Jose Manuel Sanchez Bretones <breton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:49:35 +0100

bc@thehub.com.au said:
> cache-digests work wonder when all of your siblings can deal with
> false hits... but if you are peering with other isps who are as stingy
> with money as yourself *grin*, the false hits are too high, and the
> customer complaints are too stressful (why am I getting access denied
> from other isp? I paid *you* money, give me service dammit)

> Having said that, I'll swear by 'em for my internal setups, just not
> whilst peering with proxies outside my control.

You can avoid this problem simply using the miss_access directive in
squid.conf.

If your sibling specify "miss_access deny your_cache" you obtain only
the real hits from it and the time response penalty should not be too
large.

Of course, all of this is assuming that you have some ways to
coordinate with
the managers of your siblings.

                        José Manuel.