Re: Foundry Networks ServerIron

From: Cameron Slye <cslye@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:58:21 -0800

Yes, I have a ServerIron from Foundry. It seems to sort of work. Just
moved the users over to it in the last 2 days. Have run into some
problems. Anyone using NT, connecting with PPP, will not work. (In our
setup) After lots of tcpdumps, and dealing with tech support, they made
us a newer image file. It seems to be working better now. The other
workaround is having NT users put the proxy config in. As for our squid
box, we have a PPro 200 with 384mb and 2x9gig drives and a 4gig root.
Running FreeBSD 3.0, using ipnat. We filled up about 2 gigs of cache in
the first 6 hours of use. Also have a skycache unit sitting here that
we will be hooking up with this also.

For more info on the NT problem, mail me.. I can explain what we have
found.