Re: ftp icon problem in squid 2.0-Patch 2

From: Christian Balzer <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:12:01 +0100

Henrik wrote:

>> Nov 17 14:24:50 server squid[5290]: internalStart: unknown request:
>> GET/squid-internal-static/icons/anthony-link.gif HTTP/1.0^M Accept: */*^M
>

>There are two possible causes to this, all related to visible_hostname.
>
>1. Part of a hierarcy, and you visible hostname contains upper
>characters (bug in Squid 2.0).
>
>2. Our visible hostname is not a FQDN (i.e. only hostname without
>domain) and you are using append_local_domain (misconfiguration.
>visible_hostname has to be a FQDN).
>
>The fix for both occations is to set visible_hostname to the full name
>(including domain) of your proxy, and all lower case if using 2.0.

I have a similar problem with a 2.1.P1 squid, it's visible hostname is
set to the FQDN of the tcp and upd in/out address it's bound to. This
address is an alias interface (Linux), though. Everything works just
fine, except for the internal icons. Tried a variety of the suggested
ACLs w/o success, too.

Any insights?

Dewa,

<CB>

--
  // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
\X/  CB@aichan.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037