Re: Run squid without cache directories

From: Robin Breyl <robin.breyl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 11:23:26 +0100

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > I need to run my squid without using any cache directories and without
> > cacheing. How can I do it?
>
> You can't. Squid requires a cache of at least 100MB to work properly.

I'm quite new to configuring squid, but I have a squid running with
on parent cache as proxy-only. The Cache_dir is defined as

        cache_dir /opt/squid-2.1/cache 1 1 1

And there are these direct statement:

        always_direct deny all
        never_direct allow all

I hoped this way to get a squid, that is functioning only as a
proxy without or minimal caching. This one is running on the inside
of our firewall, where the parent is running on the outside and doing
the real caching.

Is there something wrong with this configuration?

                Robin Breyl

  |   Robin Breyl               Geno RZ                             |
  |                             Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 2-14         |
  |                             60325 Frankfurt am Main             |
  |   E-Mail (Office):          robin.breyl@gis-online.de           |
  |   E-Mail (Home):            robin.breyl@frankfurt.netsurf.de    |
  |   Tel.: +49 69 / 75690-369  Fax.: +49 69 / 75690-925            |