Re: Invalid URL

From: Clement <support@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 10:12:28 +1100

Thank you again for your help. It is really life-saving.

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Don't use httpd_accel_host virtual unless Squid can interface to the NAT
> code (either by getsockname as in Linux ipfwadm, or
> --enable-ipf-transparent for IP-Filter setupts).

I used httpd_accel_host virtual before receiving your email. It seems
working! Ipfwadm is available on this host. Do you think if this is
the reason?

About IP-Filter, please excuse my ignorance, it does not seem to be
available in my Debian 2.0 Linux. Is it a BSD feature? Do you know if
the transparent proxy feature in the Linux kernel and/or ipfwadm would
do the same thing? If so, should I --enable-ipf-transparent when
compiling the squid?

Regards

Clement
ANS Communications Pty Ltd