Re: Invalid URL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 23:31:49 +0100

Clement wrote:

> I used httpd_accel_host virtual before receiving your email.
> It seems working! Ipfwadm is available on this host. Do you
> think if this is the reason?

If you use Linux "transparent proxy" (or ipfwadm) to redirect
traffic to Squid then fine.

> About IP-Filter, please excuse my ignorance, it does not seem
> to be available in my Debian 2.0 Linux. Is it a BSD feature?

IP-Filter is a software package which implements transparent redirection
of TCP connections amongst other things. It is available for many
different plaforms (Solaris, BSD, ... and partially Linux), but the
transparency function of IP-Filter does not work on Linux (there is no
need to, as Linux has the same functionality built in).

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker