Re: FD's again: ulimit shows 1024, but recompiled squid...

From: Mohammed Hamed <mhamed@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 12:27:42 +0200

What about increasing beyond 1024 ? it seems squid uses the min of
Squid_MaxFD which is 2048 on my Linux 2.0.36 system after applying the patch
, and FD_SETSIZE which for no apparent reason , the patch didnot change.
So even after recompiling , squid still detects no more than 1024 FDs which
are simply not enough for our cache load.
I'm not sure about what FD_SETSIZE does, and dunno which value is dependable
NR_OPEN which is increased by the patch , or FD_SETSIZE ?
If I change the source to force squid to always use Squid_MaxFD (2048),
shall it be ok to exceed the value of FD_SETSIZE (1024) as long as NR_OPEN
(2048) still not exceeded ?

Regards,
--Mohammed Hamed