Re: FD's again: ulimit shows 1024, but recompiled squid...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 22:51:39 +0100

Mohammed Hamed wrote:

> What about increasing beyond 1024 ? it seems squid uses the
> min of Squid_MaxFD which is 2048 on my Linux 2.0.36 system
> after applying the patch, and FD_SETSIZE which for no apparent
> reason , the patch didnot change.

Then change it by hand.

You should be avare that changing FD_SETSIZE may in some rare occations
break binary compability with existing libraries or object files, but
this is not a major issue onless your Squid machine is used for other
development projects..

You also need to investigate the total file and inode limits imposed by
the kernel unless you have done so already (or the patch takes care of
this). See /proc/sys/kernel.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker