Re: Bandwidth question

From: Brian <signal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 23:32:36 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Roger Yerramsetti (Wantree) wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Brian wrote:
>
> | Using MRTG I can see that sometimes the "incoming" into our squid box is
> | say 2.5MBps yet it's outgoing into the NAS boxes is only around 1.2MBps.
> | Does anyone know why this would be? The machine has a single NIC.
>
> | I would think that the incoming into squid should be equal or less than
> | its outgoing into the NAS boxes (user population). Why wouldn't this be
> | the case?
>
> What are your current quick_abort settings? It could be that squid is
> still downloading objects even after a client has pressed STOP (if
> quick_abort is setup as such).

I have the quick_abort stuff commented out, so I guess i am using whatever
it defaults to. Is this ok, or a bad idea? If so, what should I be
using?

> -----
> Roger Yerramsetti : ,-------. :
> rogery@wantree.com.au : : / / | a n t r e e I n t e r n e t :
> Ph (08) 9221 8899 ::::: `-------' http://www.wantree.com.au ::::

Brian Feeny (BF304) | ShreveNet Inc. - Premium Internet Service Provider
Network Administrator | Shreveport, Louisiana - http://www.shreve.net/
signal@shreve.net | Web Hosting, Virtual Domains, Storefronts,
(318)222-2NET x 109 | Database/Web Integration, 56k, ISDN, T1