HTTP Accelerator

From: John Golovich <john@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 11:08:03 -0500

I am stuck with a 128k leased line. My company is moving towards alot of
web hosting. I have just signed a colocation contract with my provider. I
would like to physically keep my content and web servers locally, but will
be putting a squid server at the providers.

I have looked through the FAQ and User guides in relation to HTTP
Acceleration. However it isnt very clear on what exactly needs to be done.

I have the settings correctly set in my squid.conf file. I have a
redirecting perl script written.

However where do I put this script and where should I call it from in order
for the rewriting to actually take place?

I am also curious. Does the server simply cache the web page like any other
site it proxies or is there a specific place you need to call for it like in
the Novell Border Manager server?