Re: Child caches do not cache parent cache output? (bug?)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 11:22:21 +0100

> > Checking refresh patterns by pushing reload is not a very
> > good approach. Reload forces Squid to ignore any previously
> > cached object...

> Good point..

> Using client:
>
> # bin/client -s -r localhost -p 3128 http://slashdot.wolfe.net
> /images/topics/topichumor.gif

As I said, checking refresh patterns using reload is not a very good
approach as refresh patterns are not used when you do a reload.

You could use the following client command:

  client -s http://slashdot.wolfe.net/images/topics/topichumor.gif

and when you find a object that you do not understand why it is not
getting cached then use the following:

  client -m HEAD http://slashdot.wolfe.net/images/topics/topichumor.gif

There is usually a no-cache or expires immediately header, or no expires
or last-modified header on "uncachable" objects.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker