Re: Problem with squid 2.x proxying cgi page from IIS3 server

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 11:51:23 +0100

Clark, Damien wrote:
> When the client clicks on the guest button (which loads the cgi
> program), it should load up a page allowing them to enter details
> etc. However, after they click on the guest button, it simply sits
> there, and does nothing.

This sounds like a broken CGI program relying on broken browsers. The
most common error when this happens it that the program relies on a \r\n
after a POST request. Doing this is not permitted (both sending the
extra \r\n, or relying on it).

> If I can get the latest version of squid going, I would relish the
> opportunity of turfing out MS Proxy.

You could try to disable persistent_client_posts.

persistent_client_posts off

The correct fix is of course to fix the CGI program, not to try to work
around it at the proxy level.

---
Henrik Nordstrom