Re: cache effective user error with squid 2.0

From: Graham Dunn <gdunn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:44:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I had the same problem. Eventually, I just installed this package and have had
no problems, squid is set to run as user/group id nobody.

You might be able to find this package at http://rufus.w3.org/RPM.

I emailed both the maintainer of the Squid FAQ and the maintainer of the squid
package I was using before, but haven't recieved any reply. Anyways, good luck :]

Name : squid-rhcn Distribution: Red Hat Contrib|Net
Version : 2.1.1 Vendor: Squid <http://squid.nlanr.net>
Release : 1 Build Date: Thu Nov 19 16:17:46 1998
Install date: Wed Dec 2 10:32:37 1998 Build Host: nemesis.draconis.net
Group : Networking/Daemons Source RPM: squid-rhcn-2.1.1-1.src.rpm
Size : 1068004
Packager : Red Hat Contrib|Net <rhcn-bugs@redhat.com>

Description :
Squid is a caching/proxy daemon for HTTP/FTP/Gopher
This version is built on Redhat 5.0 with Glibc-2.0.7-19
Make sure you run 'squid -z' manually before running normally

--
 gdunn@ineural.com	 Graham Dunn         || ||| | ||| |||| | |||| |
Systems Administrator - International Neural Machines Inc. - Waterloo, ON