Re: E-Mail with Squid Problem

From: David J Woolley <djw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 16:29:01 +0000

> Well, but when my users try send or receive E-Mails behind SQUID dont works, they receive a message sad that the server may be down or busy, or "551 <user email address> can not relay".

[Re-wrapping to internet conventions ]

> Well, but when my users try send or receive E-Mails behind SQUID
> dont works, they receive a message sad that the server may be down
> or busy, or "551 <user email address> can not relay".

Squid has nothing to do with email, unless your email is all handled
through something like hotmail. Your problems are elsewhere.

The 551 error is the result of anti-spam measures in a real mail
transport agent, and if you are routing/masquerading successfully
probably means that someone has their PC configured to access an ISP
by dialing directly and the ISP is not the same ISP as you use for
your network.

--
David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <djw@bts.co.uk>
BTS             Home: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>