Persistent Connections

From: Jason A. Ramsey <jramsey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:19:44 -0500

Does Squid support HTTP 1.1 Persistent Connections? I am running version
2.1.PATCH1 and I see a significant reduction in performance of content that
does constant refreshing when I point my browser at squid. When I tell my
browser to not use a proxy server, the performance is significantly
enhanced. I can only assume that this has to be a persitent connections
issue. I also have the option "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections"
checked on my IE 4.01 SP1 (please don't stone me).

Regards,

Jason A. Ramsey
Division Manager
Infinet Technologies, a division of TSA