Re: Squid & "disk full" error

From: Nguyen Dang Phuoc Dong <dongnd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 16:00:41 +0700

Hi,

I don't know how to configure Squid to stop logging. But, if the log files
aren't important for you, you can cut them frequently by rotating them. I've
used cron daemon to rotate my squid logfiles:

* 0 * * * /usr/local/squid/bin/squid -k rotate

This causes the squid log files will be rotate once a day. Look in
squid.conf, set the logfile_rotate option to 1

This works OK for my situation.

If the logfile size is increment quickly. You can rotate twice a day. Use
this:

* 0, 12 * * * /usr/local/squid/bin/squid -k rotate

Hope this help. Good luck!

Dong

  /\_/\ Nguyen Dang Phuoc Dong - dongnd@tlnet.com.vn
( o..o ) System Administrator - Phuong Nam Net.