Download from FTP with REST capabilities. How to do it with Squid?

From: Alexander Dubinin <alex@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:52:37 +0300

    Hello All!

    Can someone tell me anything about DELAY POOL section in squid.conf?
 It seem's to be like Traffic-shaping, isn't it?
 I need to separate my Internet channel (128K) to 2x64 - one for first
 local subnet, and another for second. But I have only one Proxy
 server (and powerful enough computer for maintain it).
 So, I can't use traffic shaping on my Cisco router's, and must
 separate subnets at Squid.

  Second question: How I can allow my users to download files from FTP
 with REST comand? (It's a big poblem - download big - near 70 Mb -
 file from FTP server without restore after fail... )
 Now (my temporary solution) i enable method CONNECT for some users,
 but it is not acceptable for security reasons. (Via this method both
 download, and upload are available... - your can do _anything_...)
 Download Manager, such as NetVampire, can use CONNECT for download,
 and restore after fail.
 But now I must disable this way, (due to security reason, as I write
 above), and need another way to download big files.
 Can someone know?

 Bye!
  Alexander Dubinin mailto: alex@nstl.nnov.ru