Re: Download from FTP with REST capabilities. How to do it with Squid?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 03:54:08 +0100

Alexander Dubinin wrote:

> Second question: How I can allow my users to download files from FTP
> with REST comand? (It's a big poblem - download big - near 70 Mb -
> file from FTP server without restore after fail... )

Partially if using HTTP Range requests. Squid supports Range requests
between the client and Squid, but not between Squid and a origin FTP
server.

If the object is cached then Squid will respond with only the requested
range. If the object isn't cached then Squid will download the complete
object, but only the requested range is sent to the client. FTP REST is
not currently used.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker