Re: Proxying PHP Pages

From: Steve Judge <sjudge@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 09:59:58 +1000

At 02:47 11-12-98 +0100, you wrote:
Thanks Henrik,
I did have a default refresh pattern set that had a min age that was more
than 0 so have changed it now to the default to see if it makes any
difference and have added .php and .asp to the hierarchy_stoplist.

I've also emailed the site the comments on expires in the heading so
hopefully they'll fix it up, They haven't replied as yet though and didn't
mention who the user was and when she was trying to access their site from
here.
Once they do i'll keep an eye on the logs to see whats in there.

>PHP is a alternative to ASP.
>Yes, you could say that PHP kind of like CGI.
>Yes, you should probably include .asp and .php to your
>hierarchy_stoplist.
>
>Dynamic pages are NOT cached by Squid unless you have a refresh pattern
>with a min age other that 0. You SHOULD NOT have a min age other than 0
>on unknown or HTML files as this is how dynamic content usually is
>identified.

Steve Judge
Managing Director
Globec Internet Services Pty Ltd