Re: Squid in Stat D

From: Martin Bene <mb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 12:17:02 +0100

At 12:52 10.12.98 -0500, you wrote:
> We have just upgrade servers. We moved our old hardrive
>into the new computer and everything runs great except for squid. :(
>
> I was using the latest rpm of 1.1 and it would end up in
>stats D "uninterunptible sleep" There was no way to kill the process
>so O had to reboot. It would do this after a few hours under light load.

Don't know it it's related, but might be: Just had a proble mith squid
stopping to respond to any query while consuming 98%of cpu.

Reason was that squid hat consumed all available fildescriptors, they were
hanging arount in "closed" or "wait_close" state.

Have a look at netstat -a and see how many closed connections you've got
hanging around.

The problem was solved by putting

half_closed_clients off

in squid.conf.