Re: more fd's then the shell allows on freebsd?

From: Peter C. Norton <spacey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 17:32:41 -0500

In the end the problem I was having was with the configure test that was
being run. By ignoring the #if's that could prevent the loop that opens
fd's from happening, I convinced configure to actually see how many fd's
it could open, and use that value. In the end, rl.rlim_max was accurate,
and I seem to have my 20k fd's.

Most of this is in the FAQ, up to the part about configure not seeming to
do the right thing.

-Peter