More "Connection reset by peer" problems.

From: Ben Kohn <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 18:19:01 -0500 (EST)

After taking the suggestions of Henrik, we've completed a trouble ticket
case with Cisco. They told us that these problems are not stemming from
the router as it is setup for port redirection correctly. They told us
that this is definately the fault of the cache engine software as we are
not seeing any errors on either the Fast Ethernet interface or the
Ethernet controller on the Squid box. Too ruleout timeouts, I've increased
all timeouts to 1 hour which seemed to lessen the amount of errors, but
they are still ridiculous

Is anyone successfully using a configuration similar to this,
trouble-free?

(Client) > (Cisco 7000 series router) > (Linux Squid box running version
2.0)

Also, should I be able to telnet to port 80 on squid and receive a
response from squid if the ipfwadm is working correctly on the linux box?

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Ben Kohn
Manager of Information Systems
Triton Technologies