Connection Retry Patch (high numbers of failed connections)

From: Jordan Mendelson <jordy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:13:37 -0500

I've been noticing a fairly high number of Connection Refused messages from
Squid on larger sites such as CNN, MSNBC, Yahoo, etc. Now, I remember a
while back there was a patch to 1.1 which allowed Squid to retry a
connection before printing a message out to the user that the connection
failed.

I still find it hard to believe that I'm getting connection refused errors
from sites like these (retry the connection immediately and it always goes
through).

Do Netscape and IE automatically retry connections when not configured for
proxies? I don't think I've ever seen Netscape pop up an error saying that
it couldn't connect.

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson     : http://jordy.wserv.com