Re: download bandwidth controlling ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 01:14:12 +0100

Alen Muzinic wrote:

> > As long as there is a client listening to the request Squid
> > downloads the object at the same speed as the client receives
> > it. (except for a internal 64KB buffer and TCP send & receive
> > queues of up to 64KB each)
>
> What about delay pools? Can't they limit downloading speed to
> xxx bytes/sec,or maybe I got it all wrong.

They can. The above is true with or without delay pools, but without any
TCP send buffer in the calculation when limited by a delay pool.

As David points out delay pools require quick_abort to function properly
as there is no delay pool associated with a request when no client is
listening...

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker