Re: --enable-async-io code status

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: 30 Dec 1998 01:28:52 +0100

In article <cistron.36896121.590EEA39@hem.passagen.se>,
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se> wrote:
>Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>> Consider it non-experimental on at least Linux with glibc-2.0.7
>
>Platforms for which it could be considered non-experimental is probably
>Linux with glibc-2.0.7 and Solaris 2.6?

Probably, I don't know about Solaris.

>Note: If I remember correctly there are some patches for glibc 2.0.7
>which may be required.. If there are then these patches are most likely
>included in recent versions of both RedHat and Debian glibc-2.0.7
>packages.

Well, if I'm not mistaken then a real 2.0.7 was never released. There
are just snapshots - and you need a recent one. Both Debian 2.x and
Redhat 5.x (x > 1 perhaps? I don't use Redhat) have a glibc 2.0.7 that
is recent enough. Yes, this is a strange situation. It looks like the
glibc development team is concentrating on glibc 2.1 and 2.0.7 is
in limbo - AFAIAC they should just release the current 2.0.7 as the
real 2.0.7 and be done with it. Oh well - wrong list I suppose :)

Mike.

--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Reply to the list or to miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)