Re: Expiring pages

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:01:48 +0100

Antonio Coloma wrote:

> I have upgraded to squid 2.1 Pach2 and I have configured on
> "squid.conf" that don't cache my local webs, but these webs
> were in the squid cache.
>
> I want to force expire this webs... can somebody tell me how do
> I make this ?

1. Find out which files (exact URLs) that are cached that you want to
expire from the cache, and put these in a file. This list can be derived
from store.log, or by using the tool mentioned on squid-users for
searching the cache directories.

2. Enable the PURGE method in squid.conf.
   acl PURGE method PURGE
   http_access allow PURGE localhost

3. Build the tcp-banger2 tool, available in the test-suite directory
   cd test-suite
   make tcp-banger2

4. Purge the list of objects from your cache
   cat urls.list | awk '{print "PURGE",$0}' ./tcp-banger -n 2

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker