Re: Invalid URL with Squid2.1

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:07:56 +0100

Andy Walden wrote:

> Sorry, never mind. The problem isn't with Squid, it only affects
> it when I'm trying to redirect the web traffic using ipfwadm
> under linux.

Have you enabled acceleration as said in the FAQ? Without acceleration
Squid rejects all transparently proxied requests.

Also note that transproxy-0.4 does NOT work correctly with Squid 2 due
to improvements in Squids HTTP support, so running the redirection on
another host than your Squid is currenlty a little tricky. Simplest way
is to run a mini-squid on the redirection host, but other approaches are
possible.

---
Henrik Nordstrom