squid and denial of service

From: Irfan Akber <irfan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 23:39:38 +0500

I was recently attacked with some denial of service attacks. Squid was
being send rapid data requests and it choked squid and the bandwidth. The
squid usage went extremely high I guess with dummy requests. I had set
quick abort to 0 0 98 but still it kept getting the data to the point it
choked itself. Please can someone enlighten this matter. I would greately
appreciate it. What is the solution to this. I cant block http requests ?

Thanks,

Irfan Akber