Re: proxying real audio...

From: Gordon Scott <gordon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:03:57 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Michele Nicosia wrote:

> i have Readed The FIne Manual about the subject but unfortunately it
> doesn't work.
> The errot is atne number 111 that report the palyer is not able to
> answer any HTTP request.
> I've reade about the palayer conf and all is ok, i set up use only http,
> and only in this
> setup it doesn't work.Using the normal masquerding all is ok.
> But i need to allow the using of proxy because i do not want to use
> masquerade anymore.

RealAudio has two protocols available, HTTP and another (RA specific).
Some servers don't support the HTTP one, so you will have to enable the
RA specific. On my system, with the fwtk firewalling, I have the
pn-raproxy service on port 1090. There's info on Real's site about this
problem, and their source for their firewall proxy is also there somewhere.

G.

--
Gordon Scott		 Opinions expressed are my own.
gordon@multitone.co.uk   (official)	gordon@mepsys.demon.co.uk  (backdoor)