Re: SNMP stats & Cachemgr.cgi

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 23:13:56 -0700

"Marc Lucke" writes:

>What exactly is cacheHttpOutKb & cacheHttpInKb?

These are poorly chosen names I guess. I can say that
because I didn't choose them :-|

"cacheHttp" is represents the client-side HTTP traffic.

cacheHttpInKb is the number of KB read from (HTTP) clients.
These are clients that connected to your "http_port" and
this is the amount of traffic you read from them -- i.e.
their HTTP *requests* to you.

cacheHttpOutKb is the number of KB written to (HTTP) clients.
This is the amount of traffic you wrote to them -- i.e.
your HTTP *responses* to them.

Duane W.