Re: Redirecting and rewriting

From: Jeffrey Borg <jeffrey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 22:42:37 +0000

Hi There

> The new redirection works for the original url, but does not rewrite the
> URL to the browser, so (presumably) relative links in the redirected-to
> page fail (e.g. images for the page).
>
> How do I make a redirection work for all of those relative links?

New in squid 2.x series you can make a redirector return a 302 http
redirection
simply return
302:http://my.new.url.com/search/ from the redirector squid will return
302 or in squirm

regexi ^http://home.netscape.com/escapes/internet_search.html$
302:http://www/search/

That would now work with squid
otherwise you would have to redirect to a script which did redirections
on your webserver to do the same result (well it's the same result this
is neater though)

Jeff