Re: Advanced cache control and selective purging

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 02:08:11 +0100

Hans Johnson wrote:

> If there are objects in the cache, I want to be able
> to request either a cached or fresh copy based on my own
> criteria, such as:

You should use HTTP/1.1 Cache-Control: max-age, it is for specifying
such criterias, and Squid is supposed to listen to this. Unfortunately
all release versions is broken. This is fixed in Squid 2.2 which
currently is in pre-release state (has some bugs), and a patch for
earlier Squid releases are available from
http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker