Re: dstdomain does not match subdomains ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 11:59:43 +0100

Rainer Klier wrote:

> works fine. When I remove kwu.erl.siemens.de from local.dom,
> squid contacts the parentproxy, which is not correct.

According to your config it should, as never_direct then is true.

> Did I miss something with the always_direct/never_direct
> rules ?

always_direct allow causes Squid to go direct, regardless if there is
any parents/siblings that may accept the requests. This is to force
Squid to go direct to local servers, or intranet servers when inside a
firewall.

newer_direct allow forces Squid to always forward the request to a
parent/sibling. It fails ff there is no parent/sibling available that
can accept the request. never_direct is intended to be used when you are
inside a firewall and can't go direct.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker