Re: bandwidth spikes

From: Vesselin Atanasov <vesselin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:08:01 +0000 (UTC)

I have had the same problem. As far as I could investigate this was caused
by some customer using something like Getright or similar download manager
to download several files from a very fast site. These requests used
almost all of the bandwidth. The solution I used were the squid-2.1 delay
pools (the David Luyer's dynamic delay pools patch) - I assigned each
modem a bucket of 33.6*1024 bytes and there are no bandwidth spikes since
then.