Re: bandwidth spikes

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 13:10:37 +0100

I've seen this also on an international private WAN link between 2 Squid2.1p2
caches running digests. The timing of the spikes is excactly matched to the
digest "refreshes". I assume it is because of this. (it's only a 50k link with
very low usage while the caches are 9G and 3G)

Marc van Selm

At 11:11 AM 1/29/99 +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>Gideon Glass wrote:
>
>> Some of our Cobalt CacheRaQ customers running various Squid 2 versions
>> are seeing some strange bandwidth spikes. I'm wondering if anyone
>> else has seen these problems and if there's a solution (or if not
>> where to start hacking for a solution). Below are some links to
>> MRTG graphs that illustrate the phenomenon.
>
>What is quick_abort and range_offset_limit set to on these caches?
>
>Both can cause extra incoming traffic unless configured strictly, and
>this traffic is then received at maximum speed.
>
>---
>Henrik Nordstrom

Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency
Communication Systems Division, A-Branch
Tel: +31 70 3142454
E-mail: marc.van.selm@nc3a.nato.int
Private: selm@cistron.nl, selm@het.net, http://www.cistron.nl/~selm