Re: ENC: Performance

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 16:13:15 -0500 (EST)

Try using SCSI drives. SCSI makes a big difference on servers, especially
servers that are running more than one process. You could also try
knocking down the cache mem parameter a bit. I run with 96 MB on my main
Squid box too, and I have cache_mem = 6 MB. cache_mem isn't an absolute
limit on the overall process, it only affects Squid's object pool in RAM.

        -Bill