Proxy Auth

From: Steve Babb <steve@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 15:22:05 +0000

Hello,

Could someone please help with a question I have regarding proxy_auth
and AUTH_OPT in the src/makefile.
Basically I have compiled and am now running Squid quite successfully.
What I am now required to do, is log the web usage of people using the
proxy. I have installed sqmgrlog which appears to provide everything we
require. The only problem is that is displays the USERID as "nouser" so
we cannot check who is doing what, and when. I believe I need to add the
option AUTH_OPT into the src/Makefile, then add a proxy_auth to my
squid config file and create a passwd file somehow. My problem is
basically that I do not know how to do it! and even if what I am
suggesting is the right way. I have read the Squid FAQ and Documentation
and cannot work it out. Could someone explain to me how I can do the
above?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Best regards,

Steve Babb