Cannot run dnsserver?

From: C T Leung <leung@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 10:55:29 -0600 (CST)

I have two Linux server in my Lab and they are both running Red Hat 5.2.

Both Linux Boxes have connection to the school ISDN router.

On one Linux box I have squid 1.1 up and running for almost 2 months
and I was trying to make another squid server for backup purpose.

I have install squid 2.2 on the other Linux box but unfortunately
I can't get the this one (with squid 2.2). I have done:

I login as root.

./configure
make all
make install
and start squid -z, then squid -D &
I ran squid -k check and got an exit code 0

However, if I check my cache.log, I always had the following error
message:

 WARNING: Cannot run '/usr/local/squid/bin/dnsserver' process.

Does anyone had the same problem before? The funny thing was the other
squid server has th same setup and squid 1.1 was running fine.

I have tried to run dsnserver manually and when I add an URL, it works:

[root@sis012 bin]# dnsserver
squid.nlanr.net
$addr 0 192.172.226.146

Any help appreciated.