Re: HTML Page loading

From: David J Woolley <djw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:08:00 +0000

 for web usage. We noticed that when using Squid it would load up all the
> items of a web page (which may take a while to do) and then give them to our

Squid 2 certainly doesn't do this. At a guess the browser was
orignally creating large numbers of connections, one for each image,
and therefore frustrating connection caching, but squid is
implementing the connection caching properly with the result that the
browser doesn't get all the image sizes until late. If the page is
formatted using tables, and the sizes of the cells aren't available
on the first pass, some browsers will not render the table until they
know all the sizes, which will, at least, require seeing the graphic
file headers of all the images.

If this is the case, the proper fix is to provide size information in
the top level HTML.

--
David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <djw@bts.co.uk>
BTS             Home: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>