Re: Problems with Ftp

From: Rodney Holm <rodneyh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 08:45:29 -0700

> Kees Oosterhuis wrote:
>
> I'm new at usings squid. But I have it running (finally). But now there is
> still a problem at using ftp.
>
> in the browsers like netscape and IE4 he shows FTP sites as just an text file
> i'm not able to click anywhere.

Not sure about this one. I am able to do ftp just fine. Do you have your
browser set up to proxy ftp requests through the squid you are running? There
is a seperate option for http, ftp, gopher and some others in the browser.
Make sure all of the settings are correct or that you have it set to use the
squid proxy for all of the supported protocols.

> also there is the problem of using other ftp programs (like ws_ftp pro and
> cute ftp) i can not get by the Squid server.

If your firewall is blocking ftp access to the outside except through the
proxy (squid) then they will not work. I am not sure if ws_ftp pro or cute ftp
support a proxy?

Rodney D. Holm                  rodneyh@apexxtech.com
Apexx Technology, Inc.          http://www.apexxtech.com