Squid 2.1 serving stale pages

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 20:25:05 +1100

Hi,

Does anyone know of any known issues with Squid 2.1pre1 serving up stale
pages? We are having a few problems with Squid on this machine serving up
pages which have been modified; Squid does not seem to know that the page
has changed and therefore does not download a new copy. This is most
noticeable with FTP listings where squid prints the date and time of
retrieval down the bottom of the listing. The machine has good
connectivity, and after a shift-reload in the client browser, Squid does
load a new copy of the file. I also notice that it sometimes caches
cgi-bin and URL's with ? in them. In all other respects the machine
appears to be running well. It is a dedicated Squid proxy running on
Solaris 2.6.

Is this a bug in this release, or something to fix in the squid.conf?
Are there many convincing reasons for upgrading this proxy at all - to
Squid 2.1p2 or should we wait for 2.2 final?

Reuben