Re: Shutdown through cachemgr.cgi

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 07:54:56 +0100

Serguei V. Melekhov wrote:

> I don't think that shutdown mechanizm through cachemgr is good idea.
> My opinion is we have to vote for remove this command from menu.

It is not enabled by default. You have to configure a cachemgr_password
for it in order to be able use it (shutdown and config are disabled by
default).

It is a good idea when you are doing remote administration and have a
script (or init) restart Squid each time it exits.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker