Re: delay pools

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:17:10 +0800

> Hi,
>
> do the delay pools limit the bandwidth of squid->client transfers, or
> the squid<->[parent_or_direct_access] ?

They limit the speed an object is transferred (both to the client and into
the cache). The limit is applied to direct access and to selected peers,
by default to all peers but it is possible to use the 'no-delay' tag to
specify that some peers should not be subjected to the limit.

> is it possible to limit the
> squid<->[parent_or_direct_access] bandwidth (i.e., limit the external
> channel) for a given class of squid clients?

Yes. Read the config file. Personally I recommend squid-2.1 with
the patch at http://typhaon.ucs.uwa.edu.au/squid-diff-9.gz , however
and squid-2.1 should do it fine. It sounds like you simply want a
'class 1 pool' (a single aggregate limit).

David.