Problem with squid

From: Remco Vaal <R.Vaal@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:12:43 +0100

Hello

After a lot of days running squid without any problem, do I have them
since yesterday.

When I do an Internet request to the proxy (squid), I always get an
error like:

Internet Explorer cannot open Internet site http://.........\

The server returned an invalid or unrecognized respons

When I try to access an site wherefor I need a password, the error
message will come after the password verrification.

When I watch to de logs on de suiqd proxy, I saw in squid.out there are
to many dnsserver requests and auth request. I have increase the
dnsserver and auth childeren, but this was no solution.

Do someone have an solution for me.

Thank Remco