Re: Squid School

From: David J Woolley <djw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:58:14 +0000

> Can anyone help me? I am a squid newbie and could not see how to set
> squid to point only at 1 host (as a gateway)

This is covered three or four times a week and was obvious to me on
reading the configuration file comments. You use always_direct and
never_direct, appropriately.

> I could not see how to specify ports for ftp and secure

It is very unlikely that the next level proxy would use different
ports for ftp: and https: schemes from that used for http:. I'm
pretty sure that squid can only split these proxies if they have
different domain names.

--
David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <djw@bts.co.uk>
BTS             Home: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>