Re: ftp upload - again

From: David J Woolley <djw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 12:07:24 +0000

> Erhm.. my Netscape 3.01 and 4.07 (both on Linux) does FTP upload using
> HTTP PUT when configured to use a proxy.

The questioner said that the options were greyed out. There is no
way that Netscape could know whether or not the proxy could support
such a PUT operation until it actually tried and failed, so I still
think that the problem lies with his Netscape, not with the proxy.

I'm assuming that it doesn't probe the site on the first access, but
think that such probing might well trigger security alarms on some
sites.

--
David Woolley - Office: David Woolley <djw@bts.co.uk>
BTS             Home: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>