Re: Problem with Squid

From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 14:01:43 +0000

Kristian Eide wrote:

> I have a BIG problem with Squid (all versions, included the latest february
> 99 release). I am running Slackware 3.6 with kernel 2.2.0. I can compile and
> install squid just fine. Then I change the port Squid should reply to to
> 8080, and set http_access to allow all. I then chown the squid-dir to nobody
> (and all subdirs+files), and squid -z and squid. I can now use squid and
> everything is just fine. The problem is, 99% of all request ends with
> TCP_MISS, even when I have just one clinet machine that loads a page, and
> then reloads it. What could be wrong?? I really need help with this FAST.

It depends on what the page is - some servers will not let their pages be
cached. ). Try it with a page like http://squid.nlanr.net/ and see if that
gets cached.

It also depends what your various directives in squid.conf like
refresh_pattern, no_cache etc. are.

And if you do a Shift-Reload rather than just reload in your browser, then
the squid would also not return a cached copy.

Jifl

--
Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"Women marry hoping their husbands will change, men||Home e-mail: jifl @