Re: Problem with Squid

From: Kristian Eide <kreide@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:32:02 +0100

>It depends on what the page is - some servers will not let their pages be
>cached. ). Try it with a page like http://squid.nlanr.net/ and see if
that
>gets cached.
>It also depends what your various directives in squid.conf like
>refresh_pattern, no_cache etc. are.

What are the ideal refresh_pattern etc. for minimizing bandwith use? I don't
care if the clients don't get a "fresh" or "updated" copy of the page, can't
I just say to squid: Cache as much as possible and then check for updated
copys every 8. hours (or something like that)??? What should put in
squid.conf??

---
Kristian