Re: Adult Sites

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:41:13 +0800

Josh Kuperman wrote:

> You could try to filter the regular expression "sex" which would stifle about 10%.

Is that 10% of sex sites, or 10% of the net's legitimate content?

Placenames such as Essex, Sussex and Middlesex, programming references such
as the header file 'bytesex.h', links to useful places like Sexual Abuse
Recovery, Sexual Harassment sites, Sexuality Information Department, articles
about sextuplets, the benefits of de-sexing of pets, ... and so on and so on.

There are appropriate words that can be used to filter out sex sites.
'sex' just isn't one of them.

(I keep seeing this suggestion. It really _isn't_ a good idea.)

David.