Re: Adult Sites

From: Josh Kuperman <sar_kuper@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:45:57 -0500

I don't know of a list of "adult" sites. Generally most companies that provide filtering software guard them ferociaously. However, if you wish to block game playing, web based e-mail, and web based chat, there is a web site http://www.80.com/blacklist.htm which is maintained for libraries. You can suck this into a file and use
the file format of the dstdomain.

You could try to filter the regular expression "sex" which would stifle about 10%.

Slightly off topic. One of the cornerstones of all the proposed filtering legislation for schools and libraries, is that someone else must decided which sites to include but keep it secret. Saying to someone that their site is inappropriate for children, when they don't think so, causes lawsuits in the US.

--
Josh Kuperman        Saratoga Springs Public Library
sar_kuper@sals.edu   49 Henry St